Monday, July 6, 2015

How to Get Rid of That Pesky Pregnancy Itch Safely and Effectively

When I was pregnant with my first child, my stretch marks developed into PUPPPs (Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy), which is an incredibly itchy rash ALL over my belly that I have scratched so much as to now have open sores. It was supposed to go away after I gave birth, and it did for the most part, but it does still itch some. But I've found something that really, truly works to alleviate that itch for a while.


Before I stumbled upon this neat trick, I tried so many things like:

  • Lotion
  • Anti-Itch Cream (designed for pregnancy)
  • Plain Vitamin E Oil
  • Rubbing a baby wipe on the area
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Lemon Essential Oil
  • Lavender Essential Oil

I had to be careful with the things that I tried because I was pregnant and there are so many things you have to watch out for. However, after doing some research online, I decided to try some of my
Essential Oils to see if they would work.

At first I tried Lemon oil. That didn't work, so I tried Lavender. That didn't work either. I was beginning to feel a little hopeless until I went to my doctor one day. She asked me what I had tried for it and suggested I try Vitamin E Oil (this before I had tried it). I took her advice and stopped by the store on my way home.

I first tried rubbing Vitamin E oil by itself on the area, but that wasn't effective, so I added some Olive Oil to see if that would do the trick.

Of course not.

Finally, I added 4 drops of Lavender Essential oil to about a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil mixed with a couple of teaspoons of Vitamin E Oil. SUCCESS!! At last, I had a remedy that was both safe and effective for dealing with that itch.

If this works for you, or you know someone who could use this information, please feel free to share this post with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment