Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Complete Guide to Birthing A Baby Naturally Is Right at Your Fingertips

The story of my first daughter's birth really starts months before when I was twenty-something weeks along and terrified of giving birth. I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to give birth in my purely petrified state. So one day while my husband, mother-in-law, and I were browsing a bookstore, I decided I needed help to get over the irrational fears that were going through my mind and taking me down. I found myself in the parenting section of Mardel and started rifling through books to find one that I thought would help. After looking at several, I stumbled upon "The Birth Book" by William and Martha Sears, plopped down, and started perusing.


My husband and I owned a book written by the Sears family on vaccines, so we knew theirs was quality material.

It was important to me that the book I chose:

  • Contained natural pain management techniques
  • Encouraged me in the process of natural childbirth 
  • Contained childbirth stories so that I could be encouraged that it was possible

This book provided that and so much more. It also covered:

  • Nutrition and exercises to do during pregnancy
  • Medicine available at hospitals
  • VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
  • Different positions to use during labor
  • Fetal monitoring
  • Episiotomies
  • C-Sections
  • Historical data on birth
  • Pretty much everything else you could think of concerning birth
It was basically just a treasure trove of invaluable information. The only downfall is that it was written quite a while ago (in 1994) and therefore lacks some of the more up-to-date information on pain medications and other such things that are more current. But regardless of that fact, I feel that this book was a major part of the reason I was able to successfully have the kind of labor and birth that I had hoped for. I truly encourage you to check it out, because I think that all mothers can benefit from this book, whether they have been through labor or not. I personally plan to read it again for my next child. Also, if this is helpful to you, or if you know a soon-to-be mom, please share this post so that they, too, can benefit.

P.S! Look what I got out of the successful techniques this book recommends with no pain medication, 12 hours of labor, and 1 hour of pushing:




No comments:

Post a Comment